Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chanoyu, Tea Ceremony

I have been studying chanoyu, tea ceremony for 2 years, but I'm still not accustomed to the etiquette, rules and movements of the tea ceremony.   One of the reasons seems to be the fact that the rites which  have been almost disappeared in our days are so complicated.  The prof. is not usually demonstrate to the student how to do, but she just says " It's not correct way, Ms." every time when I make mistakes.  The students have to learn only by observing how other students do.  Oh, I cannot remember them.  It takes so long time to be a master of tea...

If someone ask me, "What is the charm of chanoyu?,  I would respond them, "When I sit quietly in the simple  tatami room which is totally different from our modern life, I can forget the real life.   And when  I concentrate myself on the preparation of a bowl of tea,  my heart is full of peace and I am able to find serenity of my mind.  Reaching this situation of spirt is the most charm of chanoyu." 


These are photos of this month's decoration.  The theme are iris, fresh green, etc.

Flowers and hanging scroll.  From these seasonal decorations, the guest can feel the thought of the host.

My Prof. 

Confections in  forme of iris

implements

No comments:

Post a Comment